Have you always wanted to know what it’s like to work in a stationery studio? Are you a Graphic Designer itching to get your hands on a Letterpress? The Dahlia Press Internship may be perfect for you! We are looking for reliable, organized, creative individuals, who have a desire to learn all that there is about the stationery/letterpress industry. Daily tasks may range from assistance with design projects and marketing materials, to getting your hands inky on the press. We also expect our interns to help in packaging, filling orders, preparing art files, and occasionally running an errand or two.
A few more specifics regarding the kind of person we are looking for:
- Must live in the Seattle area and are able to come to our Portage Bay Studio.
- You should be able to commit to 12-16 hours a week in this position.
- Background in Graphic Design highly encouraged - design students are welcome!
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Letterpress experience, printing or other detail oriented and meticulous hands on experience very beneficial (but not required).
- Dog friendly and comfortable greeting customers in our shop.
To apply, submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “FALL INTERNSHIP” and tell us why you’d like to be a part of the team! Please include links to a Portfolio or examples of your work, as well as any relevant social media (blog, instagram, etc) that might give us an idea of your aesthetic.
This internship is unpaid and we ask for a 12 week commitment, but there are many additional perks besides training on the press, not to mention access to free stationery! Many of our interns end up staying on longer than 3 months, and at that time we can discuss paid opportunities.